TiPES is a large international project and on the order of 20 postdocs will be hired to fulfill the TiPES goals. If interested in joining current available positions are shown below. Bus please do also check the 18 partner institutions for TiPES positions.
- Data Scientist (Full time): For the role you will build mathematical and statistical models, design and implement algorithms with the aim of gaining insights and extracting information from complex, geo-spatial data. Amigo: Rome, Italy (open until filled).
- Software Developer: you will participate in the development of software tools and in the deployment and management of data processing pipelines with the aim of extracting information from geo-spatial data. Amigo: Rome, Italy (open until filled)
- Postdoc (2 years) is is available in coupled climate – ice-sheet modeling at the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) in Madrid, Spain. 31st August 2020
- PhD vacancy (4 yrs) at UiT – The Arctic University of Norway and the University of Copenhagen. Project title: Climate Sensitivity and its dependence on climate state, forcing, and the spatial region. Deadline passed.
- Postdoc (2 yrs) in the field of Climate Dynamics and Earth System Modelling (1.0 FTE) at Utrecht University. Deadline passed.
- Postdoctoral researcher (3-year) in applied mathematics at the Technical University of Munich. Deadline passed
- Postdoc (2 yrs) in the field of Abrupt Climate transitions in the past at
Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS) in Paris. Deadline passed.
- Postdoc (3 yrs) Abrupt climate change in the Mediterranean at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Deadline passed.
- Postdoc (2 yrs) in modelling climate tipping points and paleoceanographic tracers at Bern University Deadline passed.
- Journalist with experience in science writing (50% position for 4 yrs) at the Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen. Deadline passed.
- Assistant professor (adjunkt) to work on Project management and tipping point analysis in ice cores (4 yrs) at the Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen.Deadline passed.
- TiPES Modeller at the British Antarctic Survey (30 months).
- Postdoc 1 in the field of climate dynamics and earth system modelling (2 yrs) at the Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research at Utrecht University. The successful candidate will be part of work package WP2 of the TiPES project, which focuses on stability in past warm climates. Specifically, the candidate will be expected to study the interaction of changes in forcing conditions (e.g. CO2, continental geometry) and feedbacks in the climate system responsible for climate conditions and transitions during the Cenozoic period using time-slice modelling with an Earth system model (CESM). The candidate is expected to participate in coordinated model inter-comparison projects such as DeepMIP. The aim is to characterize the ability of several IPCC type models to simulate the background climate and the variability and stability of these past warm climates. Contact Anna von der Heydt if interested; A.S.vonderHeydt@uu.nl
- Postdoc 2 in the field of climate dynamics and earth system modelling (2 yrs) at the Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research at Utrecht University. Deadline passed.
- Postdoc 3 in the field of climate dynamics and earth system modelling (2 yrs) at the Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research at Utrecht University.
The successful candidate will be part of work package WP5 of the TiPES project, which focusses on theoretical underpinning for safe operating spaces in the presence of tipping points. Specifically, the candidate will be expected to work on the analysis of bifurcation behavior in a hierarchy of stochastic climate models, connecting physical mechanisms over the model hierarchy. In addition, new tools for identifying and classifying tipping behaviour in climate models will be developed. A prototype example which will be studied is the transition behavior of the Atlantic Ocean circulation. Contact Anna von der Heydt if interested; A.S.vonderHeydt@uu.nl
- Postdoctoral research fellow (3 yrs) at University of Exeter
- Statistician (3 yrs) at The British Antarctic Survey (BAS) . Deadline passed.
- PostDoc (3 yrs) in applied computer science at the Potsdam Institute for Climate impact research (PIK)
- Post-doctoral research assistant (3 yrs) in climate sciences at Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. Deadline passed